CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
This is my site... These are my dailies in a blog...
This is exclusively my diblogary.


~~ Sekadar untuk renungan ~~
"Tak perlu secantik Balqis ANDAI diri tak seindah Sulaiman,
Buat apa diharap kasih setulus Zulaikha ANDAI diri tak setampan Yusof,
Jangan dicari sekuat Siti Hajar dan Siti Sarah ANDAI diri tak seteguh Ibrahim,
Mengapa mahukan seistimewa Siti Khadijah ANDAI diri tak sempurna Rasulullah,
Jangan mencari kesempurnaan dari orang lain sedangkan diri sendiri penuh dengan kekurangan..."


Sunday, October 19, 2008

Back to the past...*rewind*

These past few days, I've been catching up on old friends in Facebook. Mind you, they're not only old friends, but they're kinda my childhood friends. These two ladies used to sit close to me when we were in primary school.

*Pai Yuek School - A Chinese private school I attended 1982-1988. The building is still standing to this day*


Let's rewind for a bit. See if I can remember much detail. It was 1988, Primary 6. There were 10 of us in class, 5 boys and 5 girls. I sat next to Jong Mei Seen. Behind me was Leong Lee Chuan, Tieh Hee Mee and Lim Lay Geok.
The boys were Chieng Chiew Heng, Chieng Chiew Hao, Teo Siaw Ping, Teo Siaw Long, Foo Chuan Yaw.
Now, I'm not really keen on the boys, so I'm just gonna talk about the girls. Particularly, Jong Mei Seen and Leong Lee Chuan.
Mei Seen has a smaller figure. She's probably the smallest in class. But she's my best friend. Lee Ching is taller than all of us girls, I think. She's also the smartest among all of us girls.
So recently, I tried to look for Mei Seen in Facebook. (I tried searching for her before using 'Joanna Jong' but to no avail.) Miraculously, I found her! (First, I made sure it was really her by looking thru' her friend's list).
I shed tears of joy after looking at her photos. She has a 2 year old son & happily married, Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Then, it all started from there...I start to add Lee Ching, Aisah Md (ex-mate Form 1A), Nani Liza (ex-mate Form 2), Jessy Lim (Lay Gek).... *reminiscing*
Patricia Leong (Lee Ching) is now in Singapore, a nurse...a Sister now, I suppose. Her father was a nurse too back in Temburong. *Siiiiiigghhh*
I'm so glad to be meeting them in FB. I usually share photos+news around with my cousins (mum's side) in KK and KL. And of course, my extended relatives (husband's side).
But, to be finding childhood friends too...it's beyond my imagination. So, thanks to Facebook. They make it happen!

0 comments:

Taneya's Countdown